Friday, August 28, 2015

Fun In The Sun Layout By Kay


Hello fellow Berry71Bleu fans!  Kay here with my take on this month's challenge.  It's all about the color yellow this month.  Whenever yellow is thrown as a challenge to me--the first thing I always tend to think about is summer!  Bright sun, beaches, sand, ocean, waves, hot weather etc...so that's exactly the approach I took for this month's bright challenge!  I went with a summer/beach themed page featuring my sun having a little fun in the sun.

Here's this month's mood board hand picked by this month's challenge host Tanya.



All papers used are by Authentique.  The design of my page is based on a fabulous sketch by The Nifty Pixel.

The circle chipboard frames are by this month's sponsor Blue Fern Studios.  To give the chipboard that shimmer I first painted them with gesso, next I applied red/orange acrylic paint & finally I heat embossed them with Star Dust clear embossing powder.  The embossing powder is what gives the chipboard that fabulous shimmer effect.



Underneath each of my flower clusters I tucked a sea shell & a bit of dried moss.  I like the effect the moss gave the overall layout--it gave the layout more of a 'beach' feeling.  At least it did for me!  :-)

Looking forward to seeing all your fabulous creations!  Now onto this months prizes...

1st Prize:
Set of Chipboard from Blue Fern Studios


Random Prize:
6x6 Paper Pad from 7 Dots Studio


Sponsors:
Blue Fern Studios




7 Dots Studio

We are a team of creative women who cannot image their world without paper, glue and the creative process. Scrapbooking is our passion and we love to share our passion with other scrapbookers. For this reason, 7 Dots Studio exists. The quality of our products is our top priority. Our lines consist of papers, stickers, die-cut elements, clear stamps, stencils and chipboard pieces. You can find our products in scrapbooking stores around the world.
 
Retail store: http://retailstore.7dotsstudio.com/

We appreciate each and every challenge entry and share the designs that catch our eye on our facebook page and Pinterest Boards. Look for your work there!

3 comments:

  1. Super fun design Kay! I love your mix of embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful , fun and vibrant Kay! Just gorgeous! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so gorgeous! Love the layers and composition! Great layout!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! We really appreciate you stopping by.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...