Friday, April 13, 2012

April Guest Designers

Please help me welcome our April Guest Designers:

Eila Sandberg



My name is Eila Sandberg and I live in Sweden's capital called Stockholm on the east coast by the Baltic Sea. My family is a small one; it's me and my very supportive and patient husband and our 3 cats - Max, Alice and Elsa. I have a grown-up stepdaughter. My roots are Finnish but I was born and raised in Sweden. I've been sort of dabbling with scrapping since 2009 but more seriously so since 2010. Scrapping is a wonderful way for me to gain balance and happiness in my otherwise very stressful office life, I scrap mainly 12 x 12 layouts.
I am a DT at the Australian challenge sites The Color Room and Meg’s Garden. I am also blessed to be a DT at the American challenge site CSI (Color .. Stories … Inspiration). Previously I have been GDT at the French site Les Papiers de Pandore and Malaysian Scrap-It-Lah.
As I am paper and flower girl, my favourite tools are my scissors and glue gun. My creative process is really higgedly piggedly. More often than not, my pages morph and end up looking totally different from what I started with. Hues of blue, brown and teal make my heart tick, so when I got my parcel from Marivic with the gorgeous tags I was really so excited. I am absolutely delighted and thrilled to be invited to be April GDT. Thank you so much for this fantastic opportunity!

NANA




An X-Ordinary DAY





And a quick Mini-tutorial from Eila following the April theme Challenge.


"First I always choose the papers I want to work with and fiddle around with the order of the layers.

I also like to get an idea of where to place my photo and the main larger embellies. If I am using stamps, I like to place out them too to get a visual feeling. Then I mark where the corners of my photos are before stamping.

As a step 2, I ink the edges. My fave ink is Tim Holtz distress ink in Vintage Photo but I also have quite a few Cat's Eye fluid chalks that come handy when I want to define smaller areas. Here I have used TH Black Soot and Vintage Photo, as well as Color Box fluid chalk in Olive and Moss Green.

Before assemling my page, I prepared the chippies. Both the lamp post and the fence were primed with Claudine Hellmuth Studio acrylic paint in Blank Canvas. The lamp post was then misted in Tattered Angels glimmermist in Coffee Shop and Black Magic. The fence was dabbed with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Old Paper alternating with smears of brown acrylic paint. I then dabbed Blank Canvas and Old Paper in layers till I was happy with the result.

I always leave my pages until the next day before photographing them as I like to look at them with fresh eyes. Very often I move an embellishment, add a little something or replace it with something else. I also put my journalling at the back as I don't have much white space on my pages."










Sabrina Sulaiman


Hi I’m Sabrina from Malaysia. Paper crafting has always been my main pastime and I always feel that paper crafting is the cheapest therapy. I started to become active in card making and creating layouts after blogging about scrapbooking. But I like to let you know that I enjoy making cards and mini albums the most. I am not exactly into complicated techniques but I do love creating layers as well as incorporating flowers and chipboards in my projects. I also love white and bright colors. I think by now, I am certain that I will design and play with papers forever and would love to turn my favorite pastime into a business =) Lastly, thank you so much Marivic for inviting me to be your Guest Designer!




Here is Sabrina's take on April's Challenge:


Thank you to Eila and Sabrina for your beautiful projects.

Please visit their blogs here:

EILA

SABRINA

9 comments:

  1. WOW, wow, wow! I know - AND ADMIRE- Eila`s and Sabrina`s work for a long time but still again - I`m so impresed. Beautiful design Ladys!
    And I think I can recognize this pretty girl from last LO!:)
    Green card it`s stunning!
    I realy liked Eila`s step by step and idea of leaving a new LO for one night:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have to agree with Bellaidea ~ & I LOVE how 2 very different scrappers can use the tags so effectively & beautifully. I'm in serious love with Ella's 'nana' LO up the top....that tag looks so gorgeous with the colours & her photos....yummy:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the use of the beautiful tags! Your projects are simply amazing! Congrats ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous work Eila and Sabrina.. a feast for the eyes!! LOVE how you were inspired by Marivic's beautiful tags!! Fantastic tutorial Eila the stamped elements look amazing.. what a beauutiful place to sit and enjoy a cup of tea! :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! AMAZING projects!!! GREAT inspirations! Thank you girls! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Love everything that both gals created...just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job girls! All those projects are utterly amazing!! Congrats to you both on your Guest Designer gigs. You know that I am a big fan of both of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Eila and Sabrina both are very talented scrappers!! Gorgeous projects!!! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! We really appreciate you stopping by.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...